Wednesday, March 5, 2014

OCD Much?

    I have a wedding to attend this weekend. I'm really excited about it. I get to witness two people I care a lot about get married. I've never been to a wedding, and I can't wait. Sounds great right? Well it is except that I'm a fruitcake. I freak out about everything. OMG what are we going to wear? What am I going to do with our hair? What is appropriate? etc...
     So I went shopping. Thrift store style. Here we have several Thrift stores. For the wedding outfits I hit the one with the $10 brown bag special. So last week I took the brain , and my 15 year old neighbor (Haley has style!) and we hit the shop. She loves this store. Whatever qualifying items you can fit in the brown bag you get for $10. I got 4 skirts, numerous tops, 5 pair of jeans, 4 pairs of shorts, and quiet a few pieces for my two kids and Haley. 
     I am a blue jeans type of chick. I happen to wear jeans well, and that is my comfort zone! Oh I like to dress them up with heals, and a hot top. I feel sexy in jeans. I feel confident in them. Jeans make me feel empowered. Yes I am a complete idiot, but I like it. So for this wedding I am wearing a skirt. Its a hot skirt. It flatters my figure without screaming look at me. It is knee length, form fitting with a little flair at the bottom. Paired with a black and white top, and sandals to match. This is not in my comfort zone, but it is doable. The other three skirts I bought will be re-purposed into shirts. I intend to keep the black skirt just in case I have need for it again (shudder).
     Oh now for the hair.I found the perfect hairstyle. A retro bouffant chignon. It is a simple style allowing me to pull my long hair up, but has volume so I don't look like a depressed librarian. 
     So with my wardrobe, and hair taken care of that leaves the princess. She wants Elsa's braid from the movie Frozen. I have never french braided in my life until tonight. I did pretty good for my first time. My mother used to french braid our hair, and I hated it. So I never had the urge to learn until now. Funny how things work out. If my mother likes it you can just about bet that I hate it. If I like it the princess doesn't. Ah its great lol. So tomorrow we will master the volume and poofieness of the Elsa braid. No worries on her wardrobe. For a child that claims to hate girly things she has more dresses and shoes than Wal-mart. 
     As for the brain.... well he is simple, and easy to please. I think he may even be ready to cut his hair. He wants long hair like our neighbor. The thing is the neighbors hair is straight. The brains hair is curly, and he doesn't like the curls. It isn't long enough to straighten out yet. So that leaves him with 2 choices. Get it cut, or let me wash it and apply products. Oh he hates that. I use Garnier Fructice leave in conditioner, mouse, and Dark-n-Lovely curl glaze. Combed straight back until it dries completely. Then it just curls so prettily. 
     I have 3 days. I have micro-managed every detail so far. Hopefully I wont think of anything else to worry about. It is in my nature to try to achieve perfection for whatever event I'm facing. I did take most of today off from wedding prep. I went thrift shopping again. This time it was at a different shop (my favorite). It supports our local children's home. I found a handmade desk for $10. It is so beautiful, and it was built to last. Then on the way home I stopped by Fred's to get a few necessities. I found shampoo and conditioner for fifty cents a bottle. We are stocked up for at least 6 months! GREAT DAY!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Wish I lived close to you because I am a thrift shop/clearance rack girl too and it sounds like you got some good shops! Glad you found some bargains and I stress to on things like that but you seem to have it under control thus far. Have fun at the wedding and I am glad to see you back in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I love thrift shops, and clearance racks. I hate paying full price for anything lol. I'm so cheap, but money is tight these days.

    ReplyDelete