Friday, March 14, 2014

Dollar Tree Shopping

I usually avoid the Dollar Tree like the plague. It's not that I dislike it. In fact I actually like the variety of things they carry. For personal reasons I generally do not go to the one here. Well I am trying to budget my grocery spending. So I decided to hell with my personal reasons, I was going to check out the grocery section.The Princess thought I had lost my mind. The Brain didn't care as long as he got his waffles. So here was my Dollar Tree grocery haul.

Ribeye steaks.... yes thin but individually wrapped.
Sausage links...
Frozen blueberries...
Frozen peaches....
Frozen shrimp... tiny bag
Frozen scallops... also tiny bags
Waffles....
Sandwich meat.... it's not really a bargain but it often goes to waste here so the smaller packs work for us
Campbells salsa...
Frozen stir fry veggies...
Frozen broccoli cauliflower mix...
Bagged cereal... same stuff I get from Wal-Mart only smaller bags
Chips.. regular size bags
Cookies..
Pasta sides..

I got an assortment of snacks, and foods that I generally buy for double the price. Of course somethings are not a bargain, but I feel the overall trip was a success. I will be going back at least every other week to stock up on snacks and, single meal items. We all eat at different times, and I usually end up cooking several times a day for each of us. The single servings of meats are actually very helpful.

So if you are on a budget Check out your local Dollar Tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment