Monday, March 3, 2014

Crazy Momma!

I have a habit of becoming overwhelmed, and flipping out at the smallest things. I yell. I curse. Well I used to. No I am not proud of this. No I did not yell, curse, and flip out all the time. That doesn't excuse it, or make it okay. It is never okay to flip out on your kids, but we are all human. I'm pretty sure every parent out there has lost their temper at one time or another. Now with that being said.... My youngest broke my tablet yesterday. He came to me holding it to his chest. I had company, but I knew immediately something was wrong. There were streaks on his face from crying. His expression was pure detestation. So when he showed me instead of flipping out I hugged him. I told him it was okay. I comforted him. I told him how proud I was of him for telling me the truth. For me this is a big step, and strengthened our bond that much more. In the future he will recall my reaction, and know that he can come to me. This helps right some of my crazy momma moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment